cc-be - Re: [Cc-be] p2p & film

cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons - Belgium

  • From: "nicolas maleve" <copy.cult AT constantvzw.com>
  • To: "bruno AT indymedia.be" <bruno AT indymedia.be>
  • Cc: cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-be] p2p & film
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 09:46:15 +0200 (CEST)

Great project!

If you want to dedicate a part of your article to the economical model of
independent film production and small -or no- budget production, it would
be good to contact:
AJC!(Ateliers Jeunes Cinéastes): info AT ajcnet.be
Plus-tôt Te laat http://www.pttl.be/nl/10.html
Le P'tit Ciné: http://www.leptitcine.be/
Kino: http://www.kinobelgique.org/
among many others.
They probably have a different opinion than UGC.

If my memory is good, collectifs.net had a project of a P2P distribution
system based on open license, a bit similar to v2v
contact aurelie AT collectifs.net

hope it helps

++---- bruno AT indymedia.be said ----++
> hello list,
>
> I'm working on an article about the effects of downloading films (be it
> 'legal' or 'illegal' copies) on the movie business, ticket sales, income
> of film makers. I would like to compare the view points and arguments of
> ABDF and the like (www.houdedief.be) with that of theatre owners, film
> makers, journalists, copyright/left scholars & activists.
>
> some questions to ask: is there a problem, yes or no, why & what's
> people's solutions if there is one? what do figures say? what about the
> role of the dvd sales?
>
> I would like to ask you people if you have any suggestions for this
> article. are there people you think I should talk to? studies I should
> look at? other interesting info? do you know about previous articles
> about this?
>
> thanks for any info,
> -- bruno
>

> --
>
> "(...) people who are concerned about human rights issues, issues of
> social justice, the environment, need to understand that unless you
> change the media you never really ultimately are going to change
> anything." -- Robert McChesney
>
> indymedia.be <http://belgium.indymedia.org> _ GetBasic vzw
> <http://getbasic.be> _ fluxx.be <http://fluxx.be>
>
> PGP public key: keyserver.net <http://keyserver.net> _ key id: AFBFA905