cc-be - [Cc-be] p2p & film

cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons - Belgium

  • From: "bruno AT indymedia.be" <bruno AT indymedia.be>
  • To: cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-be] p2p & film
  • Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 20:38:34 +0200

hello list,

I'm working on an article about the effects of downloading films (be it 'legal' or 'illegal' copies) on the movie business, ticket sales, income of film makers. I would like to compare the view points and arguments of ABDF and the like (www.houdedief.be) with that of theatre owners, film makers, journalists, copyright/left scholars & activists.

some questions to ask: is there a problem, yes or no, why & what's people's solutions if there is one? what do figures say? what about the role of the dvd sales?

I would like to ask you people if you have any suggestions for this article. are there people you think I should talk to? studies I should look at? other interesting info? do you know about previous articles about this?

thanks for any info,
-- bruno

--

"(...) people who are concerned about human rights issues, issues of social justice, the environment, need to understand that unless you change the media you never really ultimately are going to change anything." -- Robert McChesney

indymedia.be <http://belgium.indymedia.org> _ GetBasic vzw <http://getbasic.be> _ fluxx.be <http://fluxx.be>

PGP public key: keyserver.net <http://keyserver.net> _ key id: AFBFA905