cc-au - Re: [ccAustralia] CC licenses in education- a case study

cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Phil Long <longpd AT uq.edu.au>
  • To: "james.neill AT canberra.edu.au" <james.neill AT canberra.edu.au>, "cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ccAustralia] CC licenses in education- a case study
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:30:10 +1000

James: I've made my contribution to the GetUp forum, as you suggested - see ==> http://suggest.getup.org.au/users/17579829-phillip-long

Cheers,

Phil

Phillip Long, Prof. & Director

University of Queensland, Australia

On 11/03/2011, at 12:16 PM, James Neill wrote:

One practical issue I'm aware of is that CC by NC ND would be too
restrictive for uploading and re-using in Wikimedia Foundation projects.

On 11/03/2011 1:09 PM, Phil Long wrote:
Leigh - you'll have to fill in the blanks as to your reference to
repeating "the long list of consequences we've mentioned here." i
looked at the trail of comments to this discussion but didn't find the
references to which yiu referred. Are this consequences real or
hypothetical? Please forgive the apparent naievity of my question but
I've found it a bit of a challenge to navigate between what appear to
me to hypothetical risks and cases that have actually tested them.

Regards,
Phil

Sent from my iPad