cc-au - [Cc-au] Moral Rights V0-2

cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Renato Iannella <renato AT iannella.it>
  • To: cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-au] Moral Rights V0-2
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:44:32 +1000

I would like to argue against Moral Rights (integrity) being "disavowaled"
from the V0-2 Legal Code. I don't believe that this is in the best-interest
nor the "expectations" of the Australian creator community.

We need to reflect in the *Australian* versions of the Legal Code, what
*Australians* are used to. Not what is *consistent* with other countries laws.
(That is why, I assume, we are doing the translation in the first place.)

I would also like to see the Legal Code be reviewed by peak creator
communities in Australia (eg Australian Society of Authors, etc).

Cheers

Renato Iannella
http://renato.iannella.it