baslinux - Re: [BL] odt to pdf convertor?

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] odt to pdf convertor?
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 16:02:59 +1000

Hi Sindi,

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 02:11:42 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:
>> Did you run odt2htm on the original .odt file ??? Or on the unzipped
>> collection of what was IN the .odt file ?

> The original odt file. Copied from linux to dos partition.

Good !

> Maybe I can extract the png files with DOS unzip.

Yes, it should be possible. But watch out for subdirs with long file
names and/or with spaces. And watch out for .png file names with
identical 1st 8 characters.

>> But if this is of interest to you, then yes I can have a look at it
>> and see if I can advance development of odt2htm. I may be able to see
>> why those .png weren't picked up in the first place. They should have
>> been. Unless they are all nested inside another graphic
>> (e.g. background image).

> I saw a list of files go by, ONE of which ended in .png and started in the
> same long list of numbers used by the 11 pngs produced by unzip.

That may start to explain why they didn't get included in the output
file.

> No background images. This was produced by a scanner, scanned images
> only. Maybe it produced something like a multipart tiff file?

It's unlikely, but I won't know unless I see the original monster.

> I used an online convertor for docx one time. I think zoho.com will also
> display them for you (with a fast connection and computer).

I can see and print .docx files with OpenOffice in BL2.

> Here I thought MS had a monopoly on garbage files.

Then it will not surprise you to learn that MS has links to the org
that created these obcenities.

If you are in the mood, unzip this thing and have a look at the
sources of any .xml files you get. Look at all the tags - hundreds and
hundreds of them, in multiple duplicates !

SOOOOO complicated to produce a few lines of text !

Ron

Ron Clarke
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com
-- This mail was written by a user of the Arachne Browser -
http://www.glennmcc.org/

DOS: For IQs higher than 95, 98 or 2000.