baslinux - Re: [BL] odt to pdf convertor?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] odt to pdf convertor?
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 02:11:42 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011, Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Sindi,

Did you run odt2htm on the original .odt file ??? Or on the unzipped
collection of what was IN the .odt file ?

The original odt file. Copied from linux to dos partition.

Would you like a copy of the 2.6MB .odt file and the .htm file?

Development on odt2htm has stopped because there was no interest in it
from the DOS groups I am in, and I don't have a need for it personally.

Maybe I can extract the png files with DOS unzip.

But if this is of interest to you, then yes I can have a look at it
and see if I can advance development of odt2htm. I may be able to see
why those .png weren't picked up in the first place. They should have
been. Unless they are all nested inside another graphic
(e.g. background image).

I saw a list of files go by, ONE of which ended in .png and started in the same long list of numbers used by the 11 pngs produced by unzip.
No background images. This was produced by a scanner, scanned images only. Maybe it produced something like a multipart tiff file?

FWIW: A similar DOS utility for rendering .docx files to .htm is
actually quite functional - I had a personal need for that at one time.
But .odt format is even more horrible than .docx. :(

I used an online convertor for docx one time. I think zoho.com will also display them for you (with a fast connection and computer).

Here I thought MS had a monopoly on garbage files.

Ron Clarke
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com
-- This mail was written by a user of the Arachne Browser -
http://www.glennmcc.org/

DOS: For IQs higher than 95, 98 or 2000.