baslinux - Re: [BL] BL as wireless gateway

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL as wireless gateway
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 20:08:05 +0000 (UTC)

My neighbor is using 40bit WEP and he just changed his password to 10 hex characters because the 10-char passphrase (ASCII) would not work on any of our operating systems (it may have been not WEP but WPA with phrase translated to 63 hex characters by some script). From what I read, 5 characters is 40-bit ASCII WEP (5 x 8) and 10 char is 40-bit HEX WEP (10 x 4). Will orinoco cards using wvlan0 not do the latter?

The orinoco card in BL2 with orinoco driver is eth0 not wvlan0.

How could he specify that his router's wireless signal only be used by certain MAC and IP addresses, since WEP is not very secure and BL won't work with WPA capable cards?

Might the 13 characters be for 104-bit WEP ASCII WEP (with 26 for 104-bit hex WEP)?