baslinux - Re: [BL] BL as wireless gateway

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL as wireless gateway
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 16:43:55 +0000 (UTC)

This is working with a larger 2.4 kernel that has ipchains support (my bzimavsp.431).

I tried BL3 with 'big' kernel but orinoco_cs does not work with 2.2 kernel and my aironet 3.40 card does not do WEP. I tried wvlan_cs but it seems not to work with my linksys v2.5 card.

echo 1 works the same as echo "1" - the file /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward changes from 0 to 1. I can instead edit it with pico.

I am online on the client BL2 computer and am about to try with Puppy Linux. I may need to use Puppy as gateway if the aironet card does not pick up the weak signal. Puppy works with two USB and many cardbus wireless cards that have greater range. Puppy does not come with ipchains and may not work as wireless gateway easily.

I may keep trying to compile a 2.6 kernel and cardbus modules for BL.