baslinux - [BL] (no subject)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] (no subject)
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 16:07:39 +0000 (UTC)

Here is a script that someone helping me with pulp linux (puppy 4.12 based) made to get Youtube to work with Flash 9 instead of 10 - something to do with javascript. I don't know if changing 9 to 7 will make sites work with Flash 7 instead. Pulp linux comes with Flash 7 because it is 2MB (Flash 9 is 8MB and Flash 10 is 12MB).

Steven, could you try it out with Flash 7 at Youtube?
FLASHLOC should match where you put libflashplayer.so
You said Flash 7 was the last version to work with gtk1.

BTW I made a script that will make flash9 work with YouTube and most other
sites if you'd rather.
_________________

#!/bin/sh
#assuming it is in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ for now ... should use find
instead
NEWVER="10.2 r"
FLASHLOC=/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
VER=`strings $FLASHLOC | grep -e "^Shockwave Flash [.\d+]*" | sed -e
"s/Shockwave Flash //g"`
while [ "${#NEWVER}" -lt "${#VER}" ]
do
NEWVER=${NEWVER}9
done
sed -i "s/$VER/$NEWVER/g" $FLASHLOC

#flash9 is discontinued as of last month, but for now the last is at

#http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/current/9/install_flash_player_9.tar.gz

Sindi Keesan