baslinux - [BL] Flash and Youtube

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Flash and Youtube
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 14:49:44 +0000 (UTC)

I am told that Flash 7 was usable for Youtube until last November, when they changed the gui around the video, and it will take more hacking to make it work again.

It should work with the script provided in my previous posting at most other sites. The script disables something in javascript at those sites which tries to insist on the latest version of Flash.

There is a python-based script (was youtube-dl, now renamed to something else) for downloading flv files, which mencoder can convert to avi, playable by mplayer. I did not try it. You can also download youtube videos as higher quality mp4 at http://keepvid.com and extract the mp3 from the mp4. Someone provided a wget script for downloading a flv
directly.

  • [BL] (no subject), baslinux, 03/18/2011
    • [BL] Flash and Youtube, baslinux, 03/20/2011