baslinux - Re: [BL] Need help with BL as x-terminal ...

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Need help with BL as x-terminal ...
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 19:52:07 +0200

> You export the display to your router's internet IP (WAN not LAN IP)
> and tell your router where to send display? How exactly do you do
> this?
On my router I go to Advanced Mode > Portfowarding then
Public Port 6000, Private Port 6000, TCP, my exact Host IP Address.
Because I also work with DOS I set the address manualy.
> I can use it without X via ssh (dbclient).
Ups!? You use ssh -X ? SDF will set your display to >= 10.
The portaddress means 6000 + display. You will need port 6010 I think.
This is secure, but it needs more power from your computer.
I installed ssh since you talked about visualserver.
I used it 3 times just to test it.
>> I found a big file in my dir, called links-guy.core. What is that?
> On your local computer?
No, on my ~dir on SDF. There is another *.core file on SDF /tmp.
What is it for?
> How does one install browsers which consist of more than just the
> executable to just a user directory? (Or /tmp).
Baslin users do so :-) and mostly without problems. If something goes
wrong, mostly the programm tells you or makes its own startfiles.
> I don't understand. Are you using MC in X?
Its a long way from germany to USA. A keystroke take sometimes several
seconds to return, in telnet and ssh. That makes editing a text to an
adventure, sometimes. I once started mc with telnet and was unable to
control it.
> Please continue helping the rest of us to accomplish what you did.
I have hard work at the moment, and when i got time, i'm tired.
But I will help, if I can.
Werner