baslinux - Re: [BL] Need help with BL as x-terminal ...

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Need help with BL as x-terminal ...
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 15:22:17 +0000 (UTC)

Textaplications to SDF are much faster then telnet. I can use mc and
mcedit. That is a big step further!

I don't understand. Are you using MC in X? I can use it without X via
ssh (dbclient). It takes a few seconds to fill the screen, over dialup.

I can open a second rxvt at sdf from the first one (rxvt &) and run two
text programs at once, similar to using splitvt.

Text programs appear to work at the same speed as via ssh/telnet.
What is the speed ratio for you (broadband x-terminal vs telnet)?

I have pine in one rxvt and links -g (~keesan/tmp/bin/links -g) currently
drawing one clump of characters at a time in another rxvt. It starts off full-screen but I can reduce it to half screen with the mouse (in icewm).

Splitvt also works for running several text programs, top and bottom.
(via telnet/ssh)

I get lpr: scheduler not responding
error messages and the mouse stops working and I cannot switch terminals
and have to exit X. Back in regular text mode again at sdf.