baslinux - Re: [BL] BasLinux Digest, Vol 84, Issue 1

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasLinux Digest, Vol 84, Issue 1
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 22:58:11 +0000

Thanks for the assistance on this!

Works okay now appending vga=791 in loadlin for 1024x768 res, using
the kernel zimagefb.226 from http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.2.26 ,
using package bl3fbpkg.tgz from http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.2.26
and editing a combination XF65Config file :)

Combination of the XF86Config suggested by Steven at
http://www.spack.org/geek/thinkpad-t20-xf86config.txt and that of
Sindi at http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/XF86Config.laptops
** /etc/XF86Config **
Device set to "/dev/psaux"
HorizSync set to 30-90
VertRefresh set to 50-100
All sub-76 Hz 1024x768 Modelines used in Section "Monitor"just as
listed at the former t20-xf86config.txt.
Driver "xbdev" used in Section "Screen" just as listed at the latter
XF86Config.laptops.

> See instructions at http://keesan.freeshell.org/blfiles.htm
>
> Let me know if something does not work
> described her[e] and in my instructions at my site.

Had to navigate in spirals to find things both at
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/files.htm and at
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/ , but eventually got what was needed.
Links works great in X, can try to upgrade this to another non-Opera
browser via Sindi's recommendations, mc is perfectly fine as a file
manager, and can try to get emacs up and working.
Ready to finally knock out Windows 98 from this laptop, .so thanks!