baslinux - Re: [BL] CD to MP3

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] CD to MP3
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 12:38:00 GMT

It took about 2 min to rip a 6-min track to wav and then about 4 min
to convert the wav to mp3, on a 1GHz desktop. Default settings for
bladeenc reduced the size to 10%. Copied the file to
"01 track1.wav" and I could play it with the player plugged into
the computer using mplayer, and it sounded great (even better than
internet radio via dialup). I would not do this on an old laptop due
to the speed.

The MP3 player would work better if we put in a battery. There is
an online manual. Unlike the iPod, it is easy to move files to and
from the computer and the manual even says linux is supported (after
spending 10 pages described how to copy files with Windows). I printed
pages 5-13 with ghostscript. This model comes in 512MB (ours, 1GB and
2GB, plays mp3 or wav or txt files (they suggest using it to read
e-books, with a short 1-line display!), and you can record your voice
so perhaps the line out of a receiver could be plugged in directly to
record (not sure how you record - via the headphones or perhaps there is
a built-in mike). Any other ideas?