baslinux - Re: [BL] Sylpheed

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Sylpheed
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 21:55:54 +0000

I entered the info I had about the ATT Worldnet mail server into BL's
built-in mail function. The info must have been right because mail began to
come in from the server. Unfortunately due to my neglect I have 8,000+
unread email messages to get rid of before I can use the get mail function.
I don't understand how to use the built-in mail function to create mail and
attach documents I might create with abiword. I might join sdf.lonestar.org
though I don't know how long my current interest in things unix/linux might
last.
-------------- Original message from baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org:

Try msmtp for sending authorized emails. I compiled and posted it and also
posted some emails about how to use it. You need to set up a configuration
file, and if you want to attach anything, convert it manually to base 64.