baslinux - Re: [BL] using mkisofs to make BL2.10 iso

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] using mkisofs to make BL2.10 iso
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 16:26:53 +0000 (UTC)

AOL by default sends text plus text/HTML copies of the same message, which triples email length and triggered my spam filter.
Click Compose, compose, uncheck RTF/HTML.

fastmail.fm sends plain text, is faster and works with all BL browsers.
Opera 9.63 will not access AOL mail (earlier versions will).

David Moberg's website has two image files. I also don't understand what they are. Is the first of these already a 'raw' image that can be burned directly to CD? Maybe David could make it clearer for newbies.

bl3iso.zip 'bl3iso is the BL3.32 floppy disk edition, modified to fit in one 2.88M disk image. The disk image is inside of an El Torito bootable ISO image'

bl2-iso.zip 'BL2 ramdisk in a 2.88MB bootfloppy image. Use mkisofs to make it into an ISO CD image.'

Which of these are you after?

To burn image files to CD with cdrecord:

BL archives - links, BL site, BasicLinux Support, Searching the archive

cdrecord in BL requires a scsi kernel (the 'big' kernel) or else
three scsi modules because the software was written for scsi not ide burners, and add to the loadlin line hdc=ide-scsi (for cd-rom drive hdc).

insmod ide-cd
insmod scsi_mod (skip the three middle modules if using scsi kernel)
insmod sr_mod
insmod sg
insmod ide-scsi

cdrecord dev=0,0,0 filename.img

I use this method to burn downloaded .raw image files of Ultimate Boot CD.

I found the zip file in Mr. Moberg's website. After unzipping you get a img file that needs to be processed by mkisofs. I have tried to figure out how to use this utility with no result. I have read thru the MAN pages and also other info on the internet but I can't figure out what to do. Apparently mkisofs just creates a iso file, you also need cdrecord (I think) to write the iso to a CD. I'm not sure about this El Torito type boot CD. Can anyone show what commands are needed to make mkisofs and cdrecord work? Thanks. **************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=De cemailfooterNO62)

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6001.18183" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000;
FONT-FAMILY:=20=
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>I found the zip file in Mr. Moberg's website.&nbsp; After unzipping you=
[rest of your message removed - I left this to show what is happening].