baslinux - [BL] UMT modem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] UMT modem
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 23:43:23 +0000 (GMT)

Has anyone had any luck getting any wireless broadband modem working
with BL or any near Slackware version?

As before, I have my two tosh laptops here. One (1) with BL the other (2)
with scraps of Slackware put together by the previous owner. Ive
been trying to get a Merlin u530 pcmcia modem going on (2) ATM
because its got modprobe, which installs a serial module for it,
serial_cs automatically. Also, the pppd has the option "usepeerdns",
which I dont think the one with BL does have.

Using chat, Ive so far managed a connection but no internet access.
I suspect a routing problem. It would be encouraging to hear if
someone else has had some success.

--
Bye now, Ian.

info@freedomnet......