baslinux - Re: [BL] questions: upgrading BusyBox, DropBear, SSH

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] questions: upgrading BusyBox, DropBear, SSH
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 19:17:33 +0000 (UTC)

Well, if you are talking about the hostname... Just put the IP of the baslinux
machine to /etc/hosts of the machine you're trying to ssh from. Assuming you
have set up a ssh daemon on baslinux. Which isn't there by default... (I think
you could use Sindi's dropbear, I don't remember if it includes scp, though)
And, by the way, you don't actually need a hostname, just use the ip address
instead, you can get it from ifconfig's output.

I just realized I had compiled dropbear (including dbclient and a small scp and dropbearkey, which you need to set up dropbear server) against uclibc and posted that package too.

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/dropbear-full-0.49-uclibc.tgz

They came out with a newer version the day after I compiled this.

Feel free to ignore this paragraph, people :)

This is a misuse of the list, I guess, but, Sindi, I wanted to tell
you once again:
fix your spam filters... As, I guess, you didn't get several
emails I have sent you from both gmail and sdf some time ago.

-snip-
ftpget -u login -p password sdf.lonestar.org $1 $1
ftpput -u login -p password sdf.lonestar.org ~keesan $1

Substitute your own login and password, and the URL of your account
instead of sdf.lonestar.org, and your own user name for keesan. $1 is the
file name to be transferred. ftpput puts it into your user directory.

or you can use wget with login and password

wget -c ftp://login:password AT sdf.lonestar.org/~keesan/$1

or links (or links2) has a built-in ftp

links ftp://login:password AT ftp.freeshell.org/arpa/g/m/k/keesan

You can then download files from this directory.

Heh, maybe my note might sound pedantic, but quoting is always a good habit ;) I mean, the filename might contain whitespace, which would cause the line to break. This is a lot more relevant in scripts, though.

Single or double quotes around my long lines above?
Sindi

Karolis