baslinux - Re: [BL] questions: upgrading BusyBox, DropBear, SSH

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] questions: upgrading BusyBox, DropBear, SSH
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 09:43:04 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
monz wrote:

> With ssh i'm able to logon to an account i have
> on the Linux server at school, but i'm not sure
> about how to transfer files.

The way I transfer files is to run httpd on BL3
and use wget (from the ssh account) to download
the file(s):
---------------------------------
wget http://123.45.67.89/filename
---------------------------------
Do 'ifconfig' to get the correct inet address.

> I see that my system has ftpput, but there's no
> ftpget or just plain ftp. There is also wget, but
> i can't seem to use that to download files from
> my school account, but only from webpage links.

wget should work everywhere ftpget works.

> 1. Is there a way to upgrade/update Busybox?
> Preferably without having to recompile anything.

I believe Sindi has a newer version of busybox.
Why do you want a newer version?

> 6. Lastly: Many of the Linux commands i've learned
> from other distros don't work in BL. Specifically,
> let's say i want to SSH to one of my BL laptops from
> another computer

It is not possible to ssh to BL3 (unless you install
an ssh server).

> how do i find out the hostname of my BL laptop?

Execute: hostname