baslinux - Re: [BL] Getting a D-Link DL-G650 to work?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Getting a D-Link DL-G650 to work?
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 16:19:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi guys,

--- baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> >> Do you mean a DWL-G650 ?
> >>
> >> If so, I believe it is a Prism II card and uses
> >> the wavelan_cs module (although v.C2 could be
> >> different). Sindi, I think, has some experience
> >> with wavelan cards.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Steven
> >>
> > Nah, it's an Atheros card. The old one (the
> > one with 16-bit) is the Prism one.
> > And I totally meant a DWL-G650. Totally.
>
> The pcmcia config file from Slackware 7.1 says
> it takes orinoco_cs.o
>
> Good luck. None of my orinoco cards would work with
> kernel 2.2 .
>
> 2.2 kernel works with aero cards.

Now that i finally got BL installed correctly
and booting from my hard-drive, the only thing
left is to get the internet connection going.

I happen to have exactly the same ethernet card:
D-Link AirPlus XtremeG DWL-G650. I've been reading
a lot about it on various internet forums, but
am totally confused about even being able to
identify it properly. The chipset was changed
from Prism to Atheros, but i can't tell when.

http://wiki.ubuntu.org.cn/UbuntuHelp:HardwareSupportComponentsWirelessNetworkCardsDlink

My card says:
H/W Ver. B5 F/W Ver. 2.54

Since my BL is working OK with the 2.2.26 kernel,
i really don't want to change it. But i've
downloaded and tried insmod with every one of
the modules available at the BL website, and
every one of them gave me the "no local host"
with ping.

Please help.

-monz