baslinux - Re: [BL] Getting a D-Link DL-G650 to work?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Getting a D-Link DL-G650 to work?
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:44:05 +0000 (UTC)

You can try my 2.4.31 laptop kernel (no sound or scsi support - you
might prefer the smf kernel) with the matching modules from

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31

Sindi

Ok, just a question. Does that kernel fit on a floppy? Because if it
doesn't...
I have no other method of getting it on the computer (besides taking out
the HDD...)

If you click on the above link you will see a list of 2.4.31 kernels and modules with file sizes. The la kernel is the smallest. All but the kernels with built-in scsi support will fit on a 720K floppy disk.

I suggest a parallel port zip drive for larger files.

A parallel transfer cable or nullmodem cable (use with laplink, other DOS file transfer programs, or linux plip but it is fussy about laptop parallel ports).

A pcmcia network card once you get linux working. Or even a modem.