baslinux - [BL] Getting a D-Link DL-G650 to work?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Getting a D-Link DL-G650 to work?
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 22:12:28 -0400

Well, I figured that it was about time that old laptop got on the internet, and so I ordered two DL-G650's, one for my T20 and one for this 560 (the same one with the PCMCIA CD issues).
The DamnSmallLinux wiki says that this card is compatible with DSL, and subsequently any newer distro. Is it possible for it to work with BasicLinux?
Here is the DSL wiki page for reference:
http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/wiki/index.php/Verified_Wireless_Cards#Cards_That_Work_.22Out_of_the_Box.22
(I have the DL-G650 v. C2, and I can confirm that it works with Dreamlinux 2.2, which is based on Debian Etch.)