baslinux - Re: [BL] 2.2.26 usb-ohci will not insert

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 2.2.26 usb-ohci will not insert
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 17:45:53 +0000 (UTC)

Most USB Palm PDAs work with 2.4.31 kernel and pilot-link, as one of
two USB tty devices.

Visor - ttyUSB1, or if you use the serial to usb adaptor (by palm, with a module), ttyUSB0

m130 - ttyUSB0

clie - does not work in linux with pilot-link using either tty, gives a -110 error message. I confirmed this by web research.

A workaround is to save files to the Memory Stick and transfer them to the computer via usb-storage. Or just use the Memory Stick for backing up when you change the battery, and restore programs and databases from it (you cannot do a 'backup/restore' of all files, so transfer them one at a time).

I have most of our hardware working with linux except cardbus pcmcia cards - is it just a matter of using the correct modules? A very old hipzip MP3 player would not compile, and I cannot find the i810 server for glibc2, but i810 also won't work with svgalib and is not good in DOS, only 1MB RAM, so I replace it.

Sindi