baslinux - [BL] 2.4.31 modules for nforce2

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] 2.4.31 modules for nforce2
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 16:27:06 +0000 (UTC)

From Sindi Keesan:

http://keesan.freeshell.org/blfiles/2.4.31/amd74xx.o
http://keesan.freeshell.org/blfiles/2.4.31/forcedeth.o

Useful in an eMachine 1.9GHz T2672 which has OHCI USB and nforce AC'97 (i810xxx.o?) provided by the nvidia nforce chip.

BL3 will work with a 2.4 kernel (I posted lots of them) if your hardware is not supported by 2.2 (such as usb-storage).

The first is for the IDE PCI controller so it will do hard disk file transfers at 6.8MB/sec instead of 3.5 MB/sec (knoppix does 28MB/sec in the same hardware). Unlike via and promise controllers, you can use it as a module instead of compiling into the kernel. Would it work better in the kernel?

The second is the ethernet driver, which I also compiled before for Ron.

I also uploaded kl5kusb105.o, which should let you use a serial palm PDA with the Palm serial-to-usb adaptor. What we need is the opposite, since two of our three palms with USB cables won't work with them. One of them works with a serial cradle but the others don't have those. They all work in Win98.

Previously I uploaded a usbserial bzimapda.431 kernel which does work with palm m105 and used to work with visor in older computers. Maybe the USB 2.0 is interfering somehow. m105 works, visor and clie cannot connect.