baslinux - Re: [BL] ftpd

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ftpd
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 18:13:37 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

XP complained (in lower right) about a bad or limited
network connection. I then tried using telnetd and httpd
(from busybox 1.10 which I had compiled) and got nowhere.

There is no point trying to use telnet or http until
you have a good network connection.

forgot to try to ping myself.

Until ping works, nothing else will work.

Netscape could not find 192.168.1.1

There is no point trying to connect with Netscape until
you have a good network connection.

What do I need to do to XP so it will recognize the connection?

You probably need to ask a Windows person. Perhaps XP will
be happier if you let it assign the IP address (via DHCP)?

XP does not seem to have DHCP. Web research found me a suggestion to purchase a router. We did not bring one. I will ask at my local bbs for XP help.

We will be home in a couple of days and there is still plenty of room on my SM card for more photos. (The other card filledup).