baslinux - Re: [BL] xdmcp and ubuntu's gdm

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xdmcp and ubuntu's gdm
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 02:13:23 +0000 (UTC)

You are quite right. Those options are in the BL3 Xvesa.
I was replying to your message from BL2 (which has an older
version of Xvesa). I didn't realize until now that the BL3
version has extra parameters.

I copied the BL3 Xvesa (which I think is a static one) to BL2
a while ago to solve some problem and it is working fine there.
But on our two Toshiba Satellite laptops I am using the SVGA server with a configuration file which works on all four of our laptops at 800x600, which I think I posted at my site. I vaguely recall Xvesa not working on at least one of them.

Does -query work with other X servers?

Our Compaq 486 definitely did not work with Xvesa (actually it worked only in 4 colors). We also just worked on a friend's newer laptop which would only display 4-color VGA until we downloaded 4MB WinXP driver for it, and has no VESA or normal VGA modes built-in.