baslinux - [BL] Looking for two of David Moberg's files

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Looking for two of David Moberg's files
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 02:03:20 +0000 (UTC)

I have a bad copy of the 1440.img file in his linux-usb.tar.gz package, and the copy at his site (and my site) are also bad. This is a disk image which boots a usb-storage kernel from a single floppy disk and also contains zgv and pico and e3 and less. I posted a working earlier copy without 'less' and with 'chipset VESA' (rather than VGA) in /etc/vga/libvgaconfig.

The bad file had md5sum 3e311e05....
The older file I posted has md5sum ff7....

The bad file starts to boot, loads initrd.gz, then suddenly reboots the computer. I tried several good disks (they boot the other image) and two computers.

I also deleted all my copies of the wireless module (or package) rtl8180 which David compiled for a couple of pcmcia wireless ethernet cards because our cards would not work in our laptop, and eventually we figured out that the laptop was not working with modems either and the com ports were messed up in bios. That is fixed now and I would like to try the module - does anyone have it?

David, are you reading the list?

  • [BL] Looking for two of David Moberg's files, sindi keesan, 08/26/2006