baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 with webmail

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 with webmail
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:30:22 +0000 (UTC)

Is there a fast-loading English-language free webmail that will work with
links-0.90 and/or lynx? Preferably usable without graphics.
The two nicest-looking ones I found are no longer free, due to abuse.
By coincidence, he mailed me from one of them. Old users can still use it
free. (fastmail.ca, mailworks.org)

fastmail.fm worked for signup with links2 from delilinux (did not check with lynx but the signup page looked fine) and can be accessed with links and lynx.

Their default for outgoing mail is 72-column plain text, for incoming mail 800x600 easily changed to 640x480.

Loads fast, looks good.

10MB mailbox, 40MB monthly bandwidth, increasable for $15 1-time fee.
Probably this will discourage spammers.