baslinux - Re: [BL] chips and technology video (Toshiba and Hitachi PIs)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] chips and technology video (Toshiba and Hitachi PIs)
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:05:45 +0000 (UTC)

Toshiba 233MHz video CT65555
Monitor dot-clock for 640 28, for 800 35

Works with svgalib (zgv) only as plain VGA. Does not work as VESA (I forget what it does -segfault?)

Hitachi 133mHz vidoe CT65444
Monitor dot-clock for 640 31.5, for 800 37 (I changed the 36 to a 37 in Steven's modeline after learning this).
svgalib 'chipset VESA' works perfectly. with chipset VGA it is squashed sideways. zgv displays pretty well with 16 colors.

Neither work with chipset unspecified - blank screen or odd pattern and you need to reboot.

Better monitor on an older computer. Also nicer keyboard.

I don't know why the chipset with the lower number works as VESA and the other does not.

I could not get the BL1 zgv to work on either computer. It seems to need
libc5 AND uclibc. Or maybe that is only because I have them both on here?
I think it segfaulted but I don't really remember.

I used David's recent zgv for kernel 2.4.31 (with kernel 2.2.16, since I can't get PCMCIA cards to work with 2.2.26 modules). It needs
ld-uClibc.so.0, libm.so.0 libc.so.0 and libvga.so.1.4.3 (older versions won't work).

I could not get even that zgv to work on a desktop with a nice ATI card (32MB RAM? - does framebuffer and Xvesa correctly).

Same dependencies, I checked sizes of them.
Can't resolve symbol '__stdin'

Where did I goof or is it the card? We have BL2 on this computer so this is no big deal.

I would try the zgv I have used with BL2 but it needs libpng, libtiff, libjpeg, libvgagl. I can try the combination I used with usbcam linux.