baslinux - [BL] BL2 with scsi drive

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL2 with scsi drive
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 04:42:36 +0000 (UTC)

Three of my four drives here have developed partition table problems in the past week, which I hope I have fixed (the last two stayed the proper size but the last partition on each doubled itself - is this possibly a BIOS problem? They were working and I only noticed the problem while trying out spinrite on them.).

A friend offered a 4G scsi drive. I have the card and what looks like a scsi cable (long, blue, stiff). To use it with linux would I need to do anything more than boot with my new scsi-capable kernel?

loadlin zimage.ss root=/dev/sda1 ro

Is there some advantage to having four smaller partitions instead of one big one and maybe a swap partition? A smaller partition seems to boot faster and I could probably just use another partition mounted on /tmp when I needed more space for compiling, or use it to store .tgz packages that I don't need to get at, or mount it to use in copying music files.