baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 - library downgrade problems (glibc-2.2.5>2.1.3) (fwd)

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 - library downgrade problems (glibc-2.2.5>2.1.3) (fwd)
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 23:28:29 -0500 (EST)

> > I thought what I did accomplishes the same thing. I deleted the 2.2.5
> > files and then made new symlinks back to 2.1.3 using ldconfig rather than
> > manually deleting and remaking all the links. Reverse order of what you
> > did. Does your method accomplish something different? Can you run 'as'
> > without an error message now?
>
> Never tried. :)
>
> Getting back my functionality was all that was important to me.
Have you tried to compile anything since you downgraded glibc?

I can use everything in linux other than Opera, except I cannot compile.
I get one of two error messages when I try ldd on the following programs
in /usr/bin:

1. error in loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: invalid ELF header

Various programs from binutils.tgz: ar as nm objcopy objdump runlib size
string-BNU strip
These are all needed for compiling. I got an error of this sort about as
when I tried to compile one program.

2. /lib/libc.so.6:version 'GLIBC_2.2' not found (required by
/lib/libdb.so.3)

db_archive (and other db_ files)
perl
perl5.6.0
suidperl
splay - also 2.2.3 not found

When I tried to compile a program I got GLIBC_2.2 and 2.2.3 not found.

This is not my lucky week. I also cannot get mousekeys to work even after
compiling xkbset on a fully upgraded computer, with the author trying to
make it work. And today I cannot figure out keyboard fake mouse event for
svgalib - has anyone ever used that to imitate mouse movements with the
keyboard?

Thanks for the attempts to get this working.