baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 - library downgrade problems (glibc-2.2.5>2.1.3) (fwd)

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 - library downgrade problems (glibc-2.2.5>2.1.3) (fwd)
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:45:39 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> What else do I need to do in order to finish downgrading so
> things all work again without looking for the later library?

Sindi, I'm afraid your description indicates that you've boldly gone where
no man (woman, child etc.) has gone before, to use the old cliche. I
think you're charting new territory with this one - territory for which
there are few or no guides, since it's not been done. I think you'll just
have to resolve it by trial and error - and there's a chance something
will get hosed in the process. But once you've done it - if you succeed -
you'll be able to share your knowledge about it and maybe help out someone
else. I think BL users may be the only ones crazy enough to try this: the
rest of the world seems more than ready to just throw money at the
hardware and software vendors just to be spared the troubles of this sort
of experimentation.

Thanks for descriptions of other things you've been trying with BL: I find
them educational for the most part.

> Steven's program is outstandingly well designed so it will work for
> beginners. I never realized how nearly perfect it is until looking at a
> few others which are either much larger or impossible for a beginner to
> figure out.

Hear, hear! . . . here, here! - whatever.

James