baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3-BL1=?

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3-BL1=?
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 08:08:42 +1200

cce.zizkov AT volny.cz wrote:

> on a bootable CD the BL1 approach seems to make more sense
> than BL3.

If you wish, you can boot BL3 to a ramdisk. I'm currently
doing that on a laptop which has 12mb RAM but no HD. Just
remove unnecessary files from fs.img (to get it below 4mb),
edit /etc/fstab and /etc/rc to remove the loop stuff, create
an empty 4mb ext2 file called baslinux, copy fs.img to baslinux,
and gzip baslinux.

> I have tried to add bl1 and links brower to a CD-ROM with
> HTML files.

All you really need is busybox and links (along with a few
config files and devices). It should all fit on a single
1.44mb floppy (including DOS and some HTML files as well).
Keep in mind that the busybox in BL3 also contains an HTML
server, so it is possible to boot a web server from a single
floppy (by leaving out links, you will have plenty of room
for NIC modules and more HTML pages).