baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 mail problem

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 mail problem
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 11:41:19 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> I try to compose with c - No postpone folder defined. So I cannot send
> mail with BL2.
>
> How do I define a postpone folder? The instructions for mailz are
> cryptic. I wonder what I might have done to the one that came with BL2.

This somehow fixed itself, I have no idea how, but I did delete the
contents of outbox at some point. There was an unsent mail in it.
It was pmail, not mailz, that was the problem.

BL2 has pmail (as well as mailz).
In BL3 there IS a postpone folder defined, in .pmailrc.

In BL3 I can type pmail -o and send everything from the outbox.
BL3 .pmailrc has a line postpone ~mail/outbox.

In BL2 I need to type pmail -o ~mail/outbox. (Used in 'mail' script in
both BL2 and BL3).
BL2 .pmailrc did not have the above line about postpone. So I added it,
and I STILL need to type pmail -o ~mail/outbox or I get the message
Warning: No postpone message folder specified.
(I had logged out and back in again in the ramdisk version and I checked
that the 'postpone ~/mail/outbox' line was actually in .pmailrc).

What is happening here? Are the two versions of pmail identical?

I asked earlier if pmail would need to be recompiled to work in BL2.
Apparently it is already there. Can I use the mailto script from BL3 in
BL2 (with links) to write/send mail while online with links?

pmail [-s Subject] address-to
Message body goes here.
Ctrl-D

can be used to send mail without a menu system.
Ctrl-D sends what you have typed, immediately, if you are online.

This is just about as good as a 'mailto' - use pmail from another vc.

The pmail man page was helpful despite the Chinese-English.

Pmail will also download

-dl 'list of information' - Header information?

-dc 'check for incoming message status' - will this tell you if there are
new mails?

These options are not in the mail menu.