baslinux - [BL] BL3 mail menu problem

  • From: keesan AT iamjlamb.com
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL3 mail menu problem
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:57:55 -0500 (EST)

My partner likes your BL3 mail program but it is having problems again.
First time we used it on this computer, the menu (type 'mail') would
not accept any keystrokes (numbers or letters). Rebooted and this
worked again. We were not online at all that time, and thought it
might be related to Xsetup not accepting any letters or numbers either.

Today he wrote a mail, dialed, downloaded five mails, edited his
outbox (there are several copies of it for some reason),
and tried to send the mail and 4 did not work. Q did not work.
Nothing appeared or happened when he typed anything except
Ctrl-C to exit. Then he did Alt-F2 and typed 'mail' in VC-2
and was able to Q and get 'mail' menu again and send (4).
Back to VC-1 - again it still will not even accept Q.
I am writing this mail from VC-2.

This is BL3-0. Perhaps Steven fixed this problem in BL3-2?
It is not easily reproducible. But BL3-2 still had the
non-working Xsetup menu on the first boot.

In BL2 mail I typed c for compose, and was told 'no postpone folder
defined' (or something very similar). What did I mess up and how
do I fix it? And is there any easy way to replace the BL2 mail
program for writing and reading mail with the one in BL3, or would it
need to be recompiled for the later library first?

My partner was confused when 'pico' did not work in this BL3.
He uses it in BL2 and Bl1 and pine. So I made an alias.