baslinux - Re: [BL] miniX

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] miniX
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 22:42:41 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Sindi wrote,
> >
> > Steven, could you post a list of the minimal files needed
> > to run X with Xvesa (including the few extra fonts)?
>
> That's what BL3 does (provides the minimal files needed to
> run X with Xvesa). You will be able to download BL3 soon
> (Tuesday hopefully).

That will be fun, thanks. But I am trying to get BL2 (hard drive
installation) to work with Opera and minimal files and Xvesa. Do I just
see what you included for BL3 and install the equivalents for BL2?
Congratulations on making the 'early March' date!

I am hoping that your BL3 file transfer program will let me move files
between computers via parallel cable. Lots of good things to look forward
to.

> > What parts of xbin.tgz, xpm.tgz, etc. are actually needed? I
> > would greatly appreciate it if you could also combine them all
> > together in one bl2 package
>
> BL2 was designed to install complete packages from Slackware 7.1.
> If you want something leaner that has minimalist add-ons, I suggest
> you use BL3.

I can't use BL3 to run Opera. I don't use X for other programs very
often. I will wait and see how you minimized.

> > after you are done with BL3.
>
> When the BL3 foundation is finished, I will be working on add-ons
> for BL3. I will be doing no further development for BL2.

What sorts of add-ons?