baslinux - Re: [BL] Communications program

  • From: Ken Martwick <kenm AT efn.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: survpc AT tmonroe.com
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Communications program
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:51:11 -0800 (PST)

I would like to use a dialup program under DOS, but I no longer have a
dial-up shell account. Therefore, my most likely option is a telnet-
like program under Linux. I would like to be able to compose my email
offline and upload to "pine" on my shell adcount under Linux. It seems
that kermit could accomplish this, but the chaotic state of its docu-
mentation makes this hard to figure out. A much simpler variant of the
telnet program would be nice.
Ken Martwick