baslinux - Re: [BL] Communications program

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: LifeRaft <survpc AT tmonroe.com>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Communications program
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 11:21:28 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Ken Martwick wrote:

> kermit is a quite functional program, but since the available printed doc-
> umentation is very outdated and extortionately priced, I am looking for
> an alternative. Does anyone know of such a program?
> Ken Martwick

Print your own documentation after downloading it from the kermit website.
ckututor.txt is a place you can start. There are scads of online
documentation.

For my $50 investment I got not only a book, and a way to keep Kermit in
business (Columbia cannot afford to subsidize it) but immediate answers to
all of my requests for help. I managed to use Kermit once, with help
after I could not quite understand the book, to transfer files between
linux and DOS via a serial nullmodem cable.