baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Divide overflow

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Divide overflow
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 17:45:34 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> What fdimage has done, it should be able to undo. Just
> get a floppy image file (eg. from the rootdsks directory
> of a Slackware CDrom) and write it to the unusable floppy
> using fdimage. Make sure you get an image that fills the
> entire floppy (1474560).

This was to fix the floppy disks that developed bad sectors after running
fdimage with a small image file. My partner Jim insisted vehemently that
it would not possibly work. I insisted that we try it. It worked. He
says he never would have believed it. I have repaired two disks. He
ripped the metal pieces off the others already.

The images in rootdsk ended in .dsk. We used pcimia.dsk.

Do we need to reformat after this?