baslinux - Re: [BL] slow communication with modem

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] slow communication with modem
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 19:04:34 +1200

Andy Jako wrote:

> I found this on the eznet author web page:
> http://www.hwaci.com/sw/eznet/eznet.html
> There he exactly say: "...The "expect0" and "reply0"
> option pair tells eznet that it should respond..."

"eznet --help" says:
expectN = Nth extra expect string (N between 1 and 9)

> Never the less my connection never cames so deep
> (to the shell request) it was broke much earlier
> due the time out.

Yes, I saw that. It dies while waiting for the first prompt.
Whether that prompt is expect0 or expect1, I do not know.

> Do you really believe that if I'm change expects-reply pairs
> one register up the modem starts to response quicker?

I don't know. I have used three ISPs with BasicLinux -- two
of them used PAP/CHAP and one used a two-prompt login script
(username, password). eznet was able to connect to all of them
without the need to put expect/reply lines in eznet.config.
Your ISP apparently requires a third reponse (shell) so you
will need to specify at least one expect/reply.

Since I have never used expect/reply lines personally, I can
provide no specific advice on how to do it. I suggest you
experiment.