baslinux - Re: [BL] slow communication with modem

  • From: "Andy Jako" <a_jako AT operamail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] slow communication with modem
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 06:02:07 +0100

> > Here is my eznet.conf:
> > 0 expect0 ogin:
> > 0 expect1 assword:
> > 0 expect2 ell:
> > 0 phone p******
> > 0 reply0 ******
> > 0 reply1 ******
> > 0 reply2 5
> > 0 service GlobeNet
> > 0 tty /dev/ttyS2
>
> The first "expect" should be "expect1" not "expect0".
> Ditto reply1.

I found this on the eznet author web page :
http://www.hwaci.com/sw/eznet/eznet.html
There he exactly say: "...The "expect0" and "reply0" option pair tells eznet
that it should respond..." So that's why I made it in this way.

> You may also find that your "reply3 5" triggers early
> because your expect3 string (ell) matches "UUCP shell".

My expect3 string is (ell:) but not (ell).

Never the less my connection never cames so deep ( to the shell request ) it
was broke much earlier due the time out.

Do you really believe that if I'm change expects-reply pairs one register up
the modem starts to response quicker?

Regards,
Andrew
http://www.operamail.com
Get OperaMail Premium today - USD 29.99/year