baslinux - Re: [BL] BL on a USB key?

  • From: "Keith Pierce" <unixgold AT hotmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL on a USB key?
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:39:40 -0600

I've been able to boot off a usb device (provided the system was capeable of booting from a usb device) with MS-DOS before. Linux shouldn't be much different, just make the appropriot changes to the boot sector of the usb device [sorry, i can't provide much help in depth at the moment] however, I know if you install grub into the MBR of the device after preparing your system accordingly (again, I'm skipping many details) it should work.

Note: I haven't done this myself with linux yet, but I do *know* it's possible.