baslinux - Re: [BL] pdftotext

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pdftotext
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 13:38:14 -0400 (EDT)

> > > I have tried the one from arachne website on a pdf file I received. It
> > > does not work. This is what I get:
> > > Exiting due to signal SIGNOFP
> > > Coprocessor not available at eip=0003accc
> >
> > Does your computer have a coprocessor?
>
> How do you know?
>
> What if I do not have?

I think this error message is implying that pdftotext needs a math
coprocessor.

We use another diagnostic program (for DOS) called syschk. You can find
it online somewhere. It is shareware. Type syschk and it gives you a
page of general information about your computer. The first line for
my pentium 166 reads:

CPU: Intel Pentium with FPU: Internal

FPU is the coprocessor. If it says something like none, you don't have a
math coprocessor. Do you have a 486SX?

It then tells you speed, ROM date, memory, etc. Do not trust the video
memory number. I just noticed this computer has a VESA 2.0 video card so
I can try Xvesa from JP.

> > Do you have cwsdpmi.exe on the path?
>
> Yes. In the same directory. The useful thing I can do is "pdftotext /?".

Try pdftotext on a computer that you know has a math coprocessor.