b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Tenses in Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Michael Abernathy <mabernathy AT conwaycorp.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Tenses in Hebrew
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 21:27:52 -0500

I don't want to stir this pot but I do have a question.  If the Hebrew prefix form derived from or was influenced by the Canaanite language would we have any clue in a unpointed Hebrew text as to whether a verb would be heard as either a yaqtulu or yaqtul?  I can't help thinking that the original pronunciation may have made the use clearer.
Sincerely,
Michael Abernathy