b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ezek 3:26

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Chris Watts <dekruidnootjes AT eircom.net>
  • To: Jerry Shepherd <jshepherd53 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ezek 3:26
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 09:38:57 +0100

Chris Watts
Ireland

Jerry I absolutely aggree with you, the correct grammatical approach is number one, and yes I have no time for bible codes and that sort of thing, neither for exhaustive rabbinical explanations that are filled with theological turnings and subtle bitterness of thought and weird grammatical twistings, I have artscroll torah studies of Ruth and song of songs and am amazed at the incredible mutation of their discussions for example. Nevertheless I have also listened to a lot of wisdom from the rabbis and their perspectives on hebrew and its text are quite sensible, lending a truthful dimension to the text that is unheard of in the christian field. I agree that we should not impinge any ideas on the text and have found myself doing that sometimes, but I am glad that I did because now I know what to be aware of. I would like to have gone to a college to study for a few years but it was not possible, (I would have to leave Irelabnd for that anyway) - but hebrew was never an academic choice for me, it was just something in my heart that keeps leading me.

Thankyou for that book by the way, I'll look into it.