b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ezek 3:26

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Chris Watts <dekruidnootjes AT eircom.net>
  • To: Jerry Shepherd <jshepherd53 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ezek 3:26
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 23:43:48 +0100

As you know I have no training. So all I offer is an idea. After long thinking I came up with a translation that I think fits both context and makes sense from the hebrew. The root means as you know, to be clear, in the forefront, shine, to demonstrate, allthe way to judge correct dispute in the hiphil; I then took hold of the two letters כח which mean strength. You need strength and clarity to perform all of the tasks that you mentioned in your description. So my translation would be: "...you will be silent and you will appear as one who is not in his right mind...." I think a colloquial expression would have fitted the meaning, and looking at it from the peoples' point of view who would see and know ezekiel this is how God wanted him to appear for a short while (poor guy).

Chris Watts
Ireland