b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 91:16 last word

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: Chris Watts <dekruidnootjes AT eircom.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 91:16 last word
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 18:03:04 -0400

1. The ב B preposition (as in בישועתי of Ps. 91:16) is in my opinion the joined act בא corresponding to the English 'come, be'. It is interesting that your suggested 'about' has also the component 'be' embedded in it.

2. The attached ending תי ATIY is a variant of אני ANIY, preserved only as attached personal pronoun.

Isaac Fried, Boston University