b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 91:16 last word

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Chris Watts <dekruidnootjes AT eircom.net>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 91:16 last word
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 17:58:08 +0100

Dear Karl, well Karl I think that actually this makes a lot of sense to me semantically, and that the verb ראה having a loose and varied translation also, one could then also put together "I will acknowledge him within my salvation". (using the idea of "see" as also "to acknowledge, within God's ongoing plans of deliverance as opposed to the finality of the word "salvation" that one often reads into verses such as these). At least you have confirmed for me that the "bet" does indeed have a purpose.

Chris Watts
Ireland