b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] baal

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Spinti <jspinti AT eisenbrauns.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] baal
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 09:01:49 -0500

Will,

You are correct about the Akkadian. B`L became a segholate in Hebrew, but in
Akkadian took a different route--both of which resulted in the normal vowel
patterns in their respective languages. Thanks for correcting me.

James
James Spinti
E-mail marketing, Book Sales Division
jspinti at eisenbrauns dot com