b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Subject in Jer 31,2 ?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: ps2866 AT bingo-ev.de
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Subject in Jer 31,2 ?
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 02:15:30 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Friends,

>[Steve Miller:] JHWH and HLK are common during the Exodus.
Ok, you're right. I should have based that on a computer search not on my
brain.

Thanks for all comments. Another (minor) point that could strenghten the
argument is that Jahwe as possible subject would be too far away. There is
too much in between. Israel is nearer, nothing is in between, and fits
contextually.
I'm surprised that only one out of about 40 German translations treats it
this way (old Zuercher Translation). I haven't checked the English ones.

Any further comments are welcome !
Yours
Peter M. Streitenberger